Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

I turned the big 30 on Monday. It was kind of a celebratory weekend so that was fun. Darran took me on a date Friday night...dinner and a movie (we saw Angels and Demons...very good by the way).
Then celebrated with my family on Sunday...dinner and cake. I think that as you get older you figure out when you are asked what kind of cake you want you go for the really good stuff. This year I opted for pound cake with strawberries...ahhhhh.
Darran showered me with gifts (I have a very thoughtful husband) some of which I even get to share with Eliza. Which brings me to the best thing about my birthday...celebrating it with her! Plus, you don't ever really feel the age that the number indicates right?

6 comments:

Jana said...

Lori Lori Lori - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! - The big three-O and I'm glad that you caught up to me. These past five months were lonely while you were still in your twenties and me already in my thirties! I'm glad that you had a special day with your family.

Jennilyn Kent said...

Happy Birthday Lori! I'm glad you had such a fun birthday! YOu deserve it!! Have fun with Eliza crawling!! The fun really begins now, and will never stop!

A. Cobb Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I LOVE strawberry's and pound cake!!! Thats what i hae every year. mmmmm

April said...

YEAH!! What a happy day! I love Eliza's BYU shirt! YEAH!

Deen Family said...

Happy Birthday Lori! I remember celebrating your birthday together in elementary school. Wow...we are really getting old!

Alanna said...

Happy Birthday Lori! Dustin's struggling with 30...but you seem to be doing okay (probably because you sooo don't seem 30). Oh, love the pigtails on Eliza too!