Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Somehow the new year came and went without us taking pictures...but for posterity's sake I'll at least write down what we did! We spent New Year's Eve with the Moodys over at Chris and Missy's. We played games and ate a lot! Eliza was so excited to "stay up" yet really had no idea what that meant. When midnight came she was still energetic and going! Shortly after, when we were getting ready to leave however she became quite angry with me..."but I want to stay up!" The argument was short lived...how do you reason with someone who has no concept of time!? Talia apparently wasn't going to be left out either. She wanted to be part of the action and so refused to go to sleep each time I attempted to put her down. She finally gave up about 11:30pm...by that point I was almost ready to force her to stay up and ring in the new year! (But I didn't.)

New Year's Day was Sunday...probably the only Sunday that I will be thankful for 1:00 church. It allowed us plenty of time to sleep in and get ready. After church we joined our Hague family for the traditional black eyed peas and rice dinner. Let's hope that dinner brings us all the luck we need for this new year! Happy 2012!

No comments: