On Sunday night (August 31st) we had the privilege of taking Eliza to the temple for the first time. My Grandpa Hague (Eliza's great grandpa) was set apart as a temple sealer. He was able to invite family members to be part of that experience...including Eliza. So we joined him and other family members in the temple. We went into the waiting room in the front of the temple since some of our family is not yet endowed. But just the fact that we got to take our new baby, who just so recently was with her Heavenly Father, to His house so soon was a choice experience. She didn't make a peep the whole time and the spirit was so strong. Grandpa was blessed with the opportunity to some day seal some of his own posterity...Pres. Tingey wouldn't promise he would be able to seal Eliza but...you never know! We are so excited and proud of this new calling that Grandpa and Grandma have. We know that Grandpa will do a wonderful job!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a special day for your little family!
Wow, what a special experience. BTW, I like your diaper bag Lori:)
I'm soooo sad I couldn't be there with you guys! I know how very excited Grandma and Grandpa were to have you guys there! Isn't it so awesome to have such great examples and grandparents!
P.S... .I LOVE Eliza's blanket... she is a princess!!!!
I'm so glad you were able to go! Going to the temple had a whole new meaning for me once I had my kids. Love you guys!
-Shanna
That's really neat! I thought I was going to the temple early at age 22 but she's certainly got me beat!
That is so awesome Lori! What a neat experience.
What a neat experience! We were so sad that we couldn't come up--both to see G & G and Eliza, but we'll get up there soon. I love to see all the new pics. Eliza is such a pretty little girl! I can't wait to hold her! I miss holding tiny babies who are so snuggly! You sound so adjusted. I'm very impressed. I was a trainwreck at this stage!
Hooray!!! I finally have a computer!! I just move back to D.C. from San Diego ( a traumatic experience) and we are finally (almost) settled in. Felicidades (with a very strong theta.) What a little sweet heart. Can you believe what an amazing experience it is to all of a sudden be a mother? I can't wait to meet her. You should come visit D.C. again. We have an extra bedroom if you're interested. Love ya!!!
Post a Comment