Aunt Missy holding Karisa.
Unfortunately, day 3 for Karisa was a rougher one for me. I was having super painful headaches. When I was laying down flat I felt fine and was able to rest. But when I was up I felt dizzy, nauseous, and I couldn't seem to concentrate. That morning we happened to see one of my nurses and Dr. Kobalter at the nurse's station. We stopped and talked with them and showed them pictures of Karisa. Then I told Dr. Kobalter how I was feeling. He said that it sounded like I had a spinal headache. So later that afternoon we went to the main nurses station and told them how I was feeling. Bill Taylor (who we know from when we were in the Ridgeview ward and is an anesthesiologist) was standing there when we were explaining things. He jumped right up and said he'd take care of me. He said it was indeed a spinal headache...so I was readmitted to the hospital (blah) and he did a spinal patch. They drew blood from my arm and then he immediately put that blood in my back to help heal the whole in my spine that was causing the pain. Then I laid in the bed for about an hour and they released me. Luckily it was quick and not a huge ordeal.
And we were done in time to get to Karisa's 6:30 feeding...holding her and already feeling a million times better!



No comments:
Post a Comment