We've met goal number 2...Thursday marked 32 weeks! It also means today is 31 days in the hospital now...blah. My doctor told me that I'm the best anti-pardom patient he's had that had to be in the hospital for this amount of time. It was a nice compliment...though one I wasn't really wanting to have in this lifetime! This week was kind of a roller coaster of information. Monday night my nurse came in saying congratulations! In my confusion I asked her for what? And she said the baby had moved...she wasn't breech! Wrong...she's still breech. Some where in the report it was written down incorrectly. My doctor double checked and reaffirmed that she is still breech. I had hoped, maybe selfishly, that this baby would make her appearance before Christmas. My doctor asked when we wanted to deliver but before I had a chance to even ask he said it would not be before 34 weeks (which he had indicated to me this whole time). So our plan right now is to deliver on the 26th...the day after Christmas. And then my fluid amounts have decreased this week too. Which unfortunately means the odds of the doctor being able to turn her have now become much more slim so we still head towards a C-section. My fluid level was at a 2.9 on Wednesday - that's the lowest it has been since coming to the hospital. But because everything else looks fine we continue to wait. My doctor ordered daily ultrasounds now so we can keep an even closer eye on it. Each day it's increased a little more and now seems to be back to the 5/6 range that it's been most of this time.
We were blessed to have Elayna here helping out this week. After a wild time trying to fly here with the storms happening earlier this week she made it and was able to be home with the girls. It makes such a difference for them and me when I know someone can be home with them. We've been so blessed to have so much help...the words thank you just don't seem to be adequate enough. It makes me kind of sad that this has become quite routine to the girls but it's probably for the best. When Darran brought them last night they walked by the nurses station and one of the nurses said "must be 5:45." Apparently we've become pretty predictable. Somehow I've developed a little routine on my own and they've developed a routine that doesn't involve mom...that way we all have some consistency I guess. And it's just affirmation that I've always been one to need a routine...and Eliza is my little clone because she needs it too! Sometimes, ok a lot of times, I wish that I could have a little glimpse of what things will be like a few months down the road. I just want a little fast forward button to show me that soon enough we'll be miles from this situation. I was reading a conference talk the other day and came across this quote by Elder Eyring, "Heavenly Father has perfect foresight, knows each of us, and knows our future. He knows what difficulties we will pass through. He sent His Son to suffer so that He would know how to succor us in all our trials." I know this is true.
I had to laugh the other night though...when Elayna was here the girls took turns giving me a wheelchair ride. We went down to the garden area to see the frozen water fountain outside. Darran said it was a good night to go out...it was only in the 30s not the single digits like it had been. As soon as I was outside I had to take a couple of gulps before I could catch my breath! My body has become so accustomed to my little hospital room that it was a shock to my system. Boy am I going to have some adjusting to do when I break out of this jail!
We were blessed to have Elayna here helping out this week. After a wild time trying to fly here with the storms happening earlier this week she made it and was able to be home with the girls. It makes such a difference for them and me when I know someone can be home with them. We've been so blessed to have so much help...the words thank you just don't seem to be adequate enough. It makes me kind of sad that this has become quite routine to the girls but it's probably for the best. When Darran brought them last night they walked by the nurses station and one of the nurses said "must be 5:45." Apparently we've become pretty predictable. Somehow I've developed a little routine on my own and they've developed a routine that doesn't involve mom...that way we all have some consistency I guess. And it's just affirmation that I've always been one to need a routine...and Eliza is my little clone because she needs it too! Sometimes, ok a lot of times, I wish that I could have a little glimpse of what things will be like a few months down the road. I just want a little fast forward button to show me that soon enough we'll be miles from this situation. I was reading a conference talk the other day and came across this quote by Elder Eyring, "Heavenly Father has perfect foresight, knows each of us, and knows our future. He knows what difficulties we will pass through. He sent His Son to suffer so that He would know how to succor us in all our trials." I know this is true.
I had to laugh the other night though...when Elayna was here the girls took turns giving me a wheelchair ride. We went down to the garden area to see the frozen water fountain outside. Darran said it was a good night to go out...it was only in the 30s not the single digits like it had been. As soon as I was outside I had to take a couple of gulps before I could catch my breath! My body has become so accustomed to my little hospital room that it was a shock to my system. Boy am I going to have some adjusting to do when I break out of this jail!
1 comment:
You are amazing! Hang in there Lori. We pray for you guys everyday and while we can't wait for you to be done with all of this, we're so glad you've made it so long! Thinking of you guys!
Post a Comment