Monday, October 6, 2008

Green thumb...

Darran is turning into quite the gardner! We planted tomatoes, peppers, and strawberries in these big pots this year. That's about as far as I can go with using the pronoun "we" because Darran was the one that took care of them. I got him to agree to use the pots so that we could "try it out." I wasn't too excited about tearing up our beautiful grass to have a garden. But I think Darran might win that argument for next year!

We added some more flowers to our yard this year too. We loved the dahlias we had on one side of the house so we tried them on the other side. They turned out nice and pretty. This picture doesn't do justice to how many flowers it would actually produce. To the far right is one of our favorite plants...Darran gave me a mini rose plant for Valentine's Day before we got married. So that is coming on four years ago. Every year it just explodes with mini roses. We love it. We also planted begonias between the dahlias. We waited and waited and waited...and when one finally came up we realized that we had planted them upside down. We're still learning!



3 comments:

Charlotta-love said...

I planted a garden... gave me 3 BEANS. Not bean stalks. Not bean plants. 3 BEANS.

pathetic.

Darcee said...

Can Darran come to our house? Our lawn is in need of some serious TLC.

Gina and Jon said...

I'm impressed I just took out a ton of plants and put flowers in there place and only a small portion have stayed alive!